Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dear LHS "Lion Pride" Band Parents



"Dear LHS "Lion Pride" Band Parents,

As I write this at 5:00am on Saturday morning, I know where most of your students are, here with me at LHS having an active and very fun lock-in.  I have just finished reading the wonderful card that you all signed for me as well as all of the very nice thoughts the students wrote on the framed picture collage (with an exceptionally beautiful frame I might add).  I am truly humbled and very grateful that I have the opportunity to work with such wonderful, beautiful, kind and gracious people.  I am so very thankful that this activity brings out the best in both our band students and our band parents.  The thoughts you expressed in the card as well as at the Band Banquet last night are inspirational and a blessing to me.  The picture frame and montage of band photos are already hung in prominence in my office to constantly remind me of how special this season and this group of people has been.  I am also deeply humbled by your exceptionally generous gift.  You have made me feel honored and blessed to work with you and your children.  Thank you for your trust as well as your work and efforts to care deeply for them this year.  I look forward to seeing you at our concerts and other special music events the rest of this school year.

I love you all,

Don Emmons, Instrumental Music Director
"Lion Pride" Marching Band Director
Littleton High School

No comments:

Post a Comment